Trinny and Susannah All In One Body Smoother Dress Shapewear Review
Trinny and Susannah All In One Body Smoother Dress - The Details
Brand: Trinny and Susannah
Retail Price: £43.00
Slimming Strength: Extra Firm Control
Product #: 52718
Trinny and Susannah All In One Body Smoother Dress - My Review
The Trinny and Susannah All In One Body Smoother Dress comes in a neat little white package with the lovely Trinny & Susannah on the front. Sadly no before and after shots of them on the front (unlike some of their other shapewear!).
Out of the box the Body Smoother Dress looks pretty small. Never fear, it will stretch to fit!
The Body Smoother Dress looks like a short strappy dress. It is mid thigh in length. It looks pretty lined when you first take it out of the packet, but this does smooth all away as soon as you put it on.
There is a very strong tummy control panel section with strengthened sides (see the little triangles at the waist) which stretch to give a good fit and extra firm control hold. The material is seamless but has zoning and ruching that gives extra hold and shape but should not show through clothing.
The Body Smoother Dress comes to just below your bust and sort of scoops under it. This section has an edging but it is very elastic and shouldn’t dig in. You can wear it with or without your own bra.
The straps are nice a thin and stretchy with a soft lining. They are adjustable but not removable.
The bottom hem is 0.75 inches wide and is flat sewn. It is very elastic so it should grip to hold it in place but not cause any ridges where it finishes.
The back of the smoother is again seamless with zoning for shape and added control. There is a band that goes around your waist. It looks like ridgy but it does smooth out once on. This REALLY helps to pull in and CINCH your waist.
The back comes up and over your bra strap, so should disguise back boobs and bra lines most effectively!
The bottom section is sort of gathered and shaped to make your bum look slimmer, rounder and much more perky!
Pros: What I Like About The Body Smoother Dress
- It looks like a strappy, short dress with a scooped out section for your bust.
- It feels quite strong and substantial.
- The material feels good quality and I don’t feel like I would catch my nails and snag it.
- The straps are slim and adjustable and sit nice and flat on my shoulders.
- The front of the smoother is sort of scooped out so you can wear your own bra (or go bra-less!). I thought this worked really well for me.
- The material is properly seamless so is suitable under really thin clothing.
- It is a really good design for wearing with most dresses and skirts.
- It gives really good coverage over your waistline and back and so makes you look really smooth.
- It really held me in and made me look much less wobbly.
Cons: What I Don’t Like About The Body Smoother Dress
- The skirt design is (only a little) a bit constrictive for walking in.
- You get 2 straps on your shoulders if you wear it with a normal bra.
- The sewing underneath the bust pinched a little bit.
- The bits underneath the arms might be on view in some skimpy dress styles.
How To Put The Body Smoother Dress On
Put your bra and knickers on first.
PLEASE don’t put this over your head. The fit is really really tight and you might get stuck! A much better way is to gather up all of the material (like tights) and step into it. The neck line is big enough to do it. Work it up your body until your bottom and waist is in place. Now roll it up your body and put the straps over your arms. Roll the skirt section down.
Like all shapewear you need to give yourself a big old wiggle and shimmy to get it sitting correctly. Now breathe, relax and get dressed x