Shapewear Hold-Me-Ups are an ingenious yet simple solution to stop your high waisted shapewear from rolling down. They are little straps that loop around your bra and clip onto your high waisted shapewear. They act as strong little anchors that hold everything firmly in place.
- 3 straps per packet
- suspender clip at one end (attaches to your shapewear)
- loops around the sides & front of your bra
- doesn't grip or damage your bra in any way
- adjustable length
- can be worn with any brand of high waisted shapewear, tights or leggings
- needs to be worn with a bra (can be strapless)
- discreet - wear with all the fittings inwards for a smoother look
- breathes new life into old shapewear
Shapewear Hold Ups are basically suspenders for high waisted shapewear, tights or even leggings!
Each pack of Shapewear Straps contains 3 identical straps. You can wear 2 or 3 straps but using all 3 straps gives the firmest hold.
The straps loop around your bra and are held in place with a hook & loop. They can be adjusted to fit the depth of your bra sides.
The suspender clip part then hangs from the bottom of your bra ready to be clipped onto your shapewear.
How To Put The Hold-Me-Up Straps On
It is easiest to attach the straps to your bra BEFORE you put your bra on. It is far less fiddly!
- Lay your bra out flat
- Hold the strap with the little hook at the top & the suspender clip at the bottom
- Lay the strap against the front centre of your bra. The hook end should be at the top, the suspender clip at the bottom
- Feed the hook end down BEHIND your bra so the strap is looped around it
- Slot the hook into the small fabric pocket found in the metal suspender clip
- Adjust the slider to fit the size of your bra
- Repeat with the 2 other straps but on the sides of your bra. We recommend you place them inline with under your arms or inline with any seams or boning.
- Put on your bra & high waisted shapewear. Make sure your shapewear is positioned correctly.
- Remove the stoppers (the little plastic bits)
- Tuck the metal suspender clip INSIDE your shapewear. Try to position it BELOW any chunky waistband material
- Take the stopper & place it on the outside of your shapewear in the position you want to fasten it, with the button facing in
- Push on the shapewear stopper to create a sort of lump made up of stopper and shapewear on the inside of your shapewear and slide the hook down
- Repeat for the other 2 straps
Still confused? Check out our video that shows you exactly what to do!
No One Likes Shapewear That Rolls Down
I'm pretty sure that most people who own a piece of high waisted shapewear have experienced the dreaded shapewear roll down. It usually happens at the most inappropriate moments too which is super annoying!
So Why Does Shapewear Roll Down?
There are many reasons why high waisted shapewear rolls down.
- You haven't put it on properly. It needs to sit quite high up on your body, otherwise it will roll down.
- The waistband is too big.
- The waistband is too small.
- The shapewear has been overstretched, over washed or dried with heat.
Even if you get a good fit, expecting a piece of fabric to stay put without any help around one of the widest bits of your body is asking for quite a lot!
Washing & wearing will change the shape of the waistband. Putting on or losing weight, exercise, back problems & having babies will change the shape of your rib cage. And so your shapewear will roll down!
Make Your Shapewear Work
I invented Shapewear Hold-Me-Ups myself, after years of selling & wearing shapewear. I became frustrated by how good high waisted shapewear is alongside with how bad it can be!
It seemed like such a shame that so many pieces of shapewear were getting banished to the back of the wardrobe after only a couple of wears. All because they rolled down.
I hope my Shapewear Hold-Me-Ups will breathe new life into your old shapewear lurking at the back of a drawer!
Will The Straps Show Through My Clothes?
On some outfits the front strap may show. If you find this happens, remove this strap and just use the 2 side straps.
How To Use The Loo!!!
Yikes, you are firmly strapped in with no means of escape!
Don't panic, it is easy peasy to get out of your shapewear. Simply un-stopper each strap & pull your shapewear down.
Always put the stoppers back into the suspender ends as they are tiny and will easily go missing.
Hand wash and don't tumble dry.
Our straps won't damage your bra as they simply loop around it.
However, the suspender clips MAY damage to your shapewear.
Too much tension on the suspender clips & shapewear fabric may result in puckering, laddering or holes. We haven't experienced this in our tests but it could possibly happen!
We do need to stress that damage to your clothes is UNLIKELY. We do apologise if this does happen but we cannot be held liable for any damage to your shapewear or clothing.