Slimming Bodysuits & Shapewear Slips
(Shape Suits, Slimming Suits, Body Briefers)
All About Slimming Bodysuits
Slimming Bodysuits are AMAZING pieces of shapewear and are PERFECT if you are wanting to pull out all the stops for a special occasion.
There are 3 main styles of Slimming Bodysuit
- The knicker leg slimming bodysuit. This style has a knicker leg bottom section and is great for wearing under very short skirts and dresses.
- The mid thigh slimming bodysuit. This style has mid thigh length legs and really helps to firm up wobbly thighs.
- The WYOB slimming bodysuit. This style is designed to be worn with your own bra (or with most versions you can also choose to go bra-less). Highly recommended if you have a bust over a cup size C.
Remember those Slimming Bodysuits of the 80s and 90s that were the most uncomfortable garments on the planet? They flattened down our busts, squashed in our bottoms and rode up something terrible! Okay, they did slim us a little but without giving us shape or support.
Finally, the Slimming Bodysuit has been re-invented for the 21st century! New designs and technology have created some fantastic bodysuits that slim, lift, sculpt and shape, giving you a more natural looking, slimmer, smoother figure. The Slimming Bodysuits we have at The Magic Knicker Shop will not only make you appear to have dropped a dress size, they are also incredibly comfortable to wear!
Things To Consider When Choosing A Shapewear Bodysuit
- The bust. If it covers the bust does it give shaping or will you need to wear a bra underneath it? Lots of shapewear bodysuits are now designed so that you wear your own bra with them. They have a scooped out section so the bust isn’t covered at all. I personally really like this as I have a reasonable sized bust that needs proper bra support.
- The straps. If your outfit it strapless there are not that many bodysuits to choose from. Some have multi-way straps so you can wear them with halter necks.
- The legs. If you are wearing a short dress or skirt make sure that the legs don’t come too far down your thighs.
- The gusset – opening or not. Ideally you need to be able to use the loo without having to wrestle yourself out of your clothes and bodysuit each time!