Esbelt Waist Cincher Vest ES431 - The Maximum Control Slimming Corset Top - Shapewear Review
Esbelt Waist Cincher Vest - The Details
Brand: Esbelt Shapewear
Retail Price: £58.75
Slimming Strength: Maximum Control
Esbelt Style #: ES431
Esbelt Waist Cincher Vest - My Review
The Esbelt Waist Cincher Vest is made along the same principles as the Esbelt Waist Cincher. It just has shoulder straps and a higher back. It is quite a full on piece of shapewear in that it is super strong in control (maximum) and covers a lot of your torso. However, it is an amazing piece of shapewear and really does transform your figure.
PLEASE don’t be put off by the packaging it arrives in. It really isn’t very glamorous and the woman on the front is a bit scary looking!
When you take the Esbelt out of the packaging please be warned it will smell of rubber! However, this does disappear after a while – or you can wash it before you wear it.
The vest is made from a super strong latex (rubber) fabric with flexible boning and so it is quite a thick and heavy garment. It is this fabric and boning combination though that does the amazing trick of slimming you so effectively. It is worth it!
It is OPEN BUST in style, so there is a scooped section at the front for your bust to sit in. You can wear it with or without a bra.
The hem lined is curved to give a good fit.
The Esbelt Waist Cincher Slimming Vest fastens with hooks and eyes down the front of your chest. There are 2 sets of hooks and eyes, so you can wear it tight or VERY tight! The overlay over the hooks and eyes is fairly prominent and may show through very tight clothing.
The vest has shoulder straps which really help to hold everything in place. They are not detachable but are adjustable, thin and stretchy.
The lining is brushed cotton so it is comfortable to wear directly against your skin.
The back of the vest does come up really high. It is perfect for disguising any back boobs or bra bulges and will help to create a really smooth profile under your clothes.
There is a soft section of flexible material under the arms which really helps with the fit – you don’t get any oozing over the top. It also makes it very comfortable – no chaffing.
There are 4 flexible bones sewn into the fabric and 5 flat sewn seams. This does mean the vest is fairly bulky, so please be aware that it may show under flimsy clothing.
Pros: What I Like About The Esbelt Waist Cincher Slimming Vest
- It is a no frills, heavy duty bit of shapewear made to really really (really) hold you in.
- The combined effect of the rubber and boning make it extremely strong.
- It pulls you in tightly at the waist and flattens your belly.
- It makes you stand up much straighter (this always makes you look thinner).
- It pulls your back straight and your shoulders back which makes your bust look much more impressive!!
- It gives you loads of lower back support – brilliant for my back.
- It is lined with cotton so you don’t have to wear anything underneath it.
- It has two hook and eye settings so you can wear it tight or even tighter!
- It is designed to be worn with your own bra.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable and made from a really nice soft elastic that shouldn’t dig in.
- There is a soft, elasticated piece under the arms so it shouldn’t rub.
- The back is really high and so gets rid of your back boobs and bra bulges!
- You don’t need to do anything to it to use the loo.
Cons: What I Don’t Like About The Esbelt Waist Cincher Slimming Vest
- It smells of rubber which is initially off putting. However, this goes once you have washed it.
- It makes you feel really trussed up & you certainly couldn’t eat a massive dinner whilst wearing it.
- The bones can dig in a bit if they end up in the wrong place.
- Only a minor gripe, but they could have made the packaging look a bit more appealing.
- I reviewed the natural/nude colour and it is a of an odd pinky beige (not my favourite colour!).
- It would definitely show under tight or light clothing as it is quite bulky.
How To Put The Esbelt Waist Cincher Slimming Vest On
You need to undo all of the hooks and eyes and put on the vest like a waistcoat. Adjust the straps to suit and then lie down to do up the hooks and eyes. It might take some huffing and puffing as this needs to fit very tightly. It is worth it though!