Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit Review
Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit - The Details
Brand: Spanx (Slim Cognito, New & Slimproved)
Retail Price: £74.00
Slimming Strength: Extra Firm Control
Product #: Spanx 2433
Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit - My Review
The Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit (New & Slimproved) comes in a clear plastic bag and on a hanger.
On first sight it looks like high waisted body shaper. It is made from a very strong control fabric which feels very luxurious to the touch.
The fabric is completely seamless, but has “zoning” which helps to give extra control and shaping. Across the front is a very strong tummy control panel.
The legs are made from very smooth but strong double layered fabric. They fold over at the ends, rather than being hemmed or binded. This helps them to lie flat on your thighs and not create bulges or lines. There are 2 flat sewn seams on the insides of the legs. We don’t think these really count as seams as they will never show through clothing (unless you are wearing a cling film cat suit!).
The gusset is a double opening flap which you pull open when you need the loo. There are no hooks and eyes or poppers to get in the way. It is lined with cotton so you don’t need to wear your own knickers with it.
Now comes the clever part!
The bodysuit only comes up to just under your bust (a bit like a pair of high waisted magic knickers). It comes with 4 satin straps that you loop around the front, back and sides of your bra and then secure back to the bodysuit. There are 4 loops on the inside of the waistband for this purpose. This holds the bodysuit perfectly in place, and you get the best possible bust shape from a well fitted bra.
The back of the bodysuit is made from the same fabric as the front. It comes up to the same height as the front and should sit just below your bra.
There is lots of shaping and zoning on the back, especially around the waist. This really helps to cinch in your waist and make you look lots thinner!
Now comes another clever bit!
The bum section is shaped and zoned. Your bum sits in the “pockets” and is slimmed, lifted, shaped and separated, giving it a superb shape. It is like a push up bra for your bottom!
Pros: What I Like About The Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit
- It is made from super strong (extra firm control) compression fabric.
- It is seamless (apart from the 2 inner thigh seams which don’t really count!).
- It is designed to be worn with your own bra – no flat, saggy boobs!
- It comes with 4 straps that you attach to your own bra – it holds it perfectly in place.
- There is a super strong tummy control panel.
- There is zoning at the waist to help to cinch it in.
- The legs are non-binded so they lie flat on your thighs.
- The gusset is an opening one and is lined with cotton.
- The mid thigh legs are much shorter than the previous version (067) and so you can wear the bodysuit with much shorter skirts.
- The bum “pockets” give your bottom superb shape and lift!
Cons: What I Don’t Like About The Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit
- The straps are a bit fiddly.
- Once you are all strapped in it isn’t easy to get out of.
- The double opening gusset isn’t for everyone.
How To Put The Spanx Slim Cognito Mid Thigh Bodysuit On
Go to the loo (there is nothing worse than getting your Spanx on and then needing a wee!).
Make sure your body is dry and we recommend to avoid using moisturiser (it just makes it a bit harder to get the bodysuit on).
There are 2 methods of getting this bodysuit on.
1. If you have help – ie someone to sort the straps out for you, it is easy. Put your bra on first. Sit down and roll up the bodysuit into a sort of o-shape. Put one foot in and pull the bodysuit up over your knees. Repeat with the second leg. Stand up and wriggle the fabric up and get your bottom “seated” into the bum pockets. Make sure the divider is in the right place. Now roll up the rest of the bodysuit to just under your bra. Roll down the thighs and smooth into place. Call for help! You need to get your help to loop the straps over the front, back and sides of your bra. Put one of the strap ends into the loop inside the bodysuit. Fix the other end to the loop ON the strap.
2. If you don’t want anyone to see you in your Spanx here is what you do. Lay out the bodysuit and your bra on the bed. Attach the straps to your bra (as above). You need to leave the back of your bra open. Get into the bodysuit (as above) with your bra attached. It is a bit tricky but it is possible! You may need to adjust the straps once you have the bodysuit on. Now get your bra on and do up the back.
I will be honest, I do the second version but more often than not I have left off the back strap as I found it too fiddly. It doesn’t make much difference to the fit and security of the bodysuit.