Trinny and Susannah The Magic Bum, Tum & Thigh Reducer Review
Trinny and Susannah The Magic Bum, Tum & Thigh Reducer - The Details
Brand: Trinny and Susannah
Retail Price: £38.00
Slimming Strength: Extra Firm Control
Trinny & Susannah Style #: 52518
Trinny and Susannah The Magic Bum, Tum & Thigh Reducer - My Review
The reducer comes in a neat white packet with the lovely ladies on the front. Apparently the model is actually Trinny!
Just to warn you, once you take it out it does look quite small in its little plastic packet! Please do be reassured though it does stretch – LOTS!
The reducer is made from a very strong, seam-free compression fabric. It feels quite sturdy to the touch and you won’t have to worry about easily laddering the fabric (unlike some other brands). It is quite long both in the body and in the legs, so really good for taller figures.
The fabric is seamless (apart from inner thigh seams) but does have ruching, shaping and gathering. This looks quite prominent when the reducer is not stretched out. However, it does disappear once it is on your body. All of this gathering and ruching helps to give a lot more shape and slimming control – don’t be worried by it, it does work and it does disappear!
The legs are made from very strong, smooth compression fabric. They REALLY suck in your thighs, making them so much slimmer and firmer.
There is a seam down the inside leg (but this shouldn’t show) and the legs are binded. However, the binding is soft and stretchy and so shouldn’t dig in or create bulging.
Unusually for high waisted magic knickers, the gusset is a closed one. This means you need to pull them down to use the loo – something to bear in mind. It is lined with cotton inside so you can wear them in place of your own knickers.
The waistband sits high up just under your bra line. It is 3cms wide and quite stretchy, so it should grip and stay in place. It is constructed by folding over the fabric and all the stitching is inside. It does looks a bit ridgy but smoothes out once it is on your body. This helps it to grip and stay in place without straps.
The back comes up to the same height as the front, so it should sit just under your bra line. Again, it has loads of zoning and ruching on it, but this will disappear once it is all stretched out on your body.
One of the things I like the best about the reducer is the bum shaping. It looks a bit saggy and baggy out of the packet, but once on it smooths out and helps to slim, lift and shape your bottom.
The LARGE size should fit a UK 16-18 or waist measurements 30 - 33 inches.
The reducer measures 50cms top to toes
The center waistband to top of the gusset measures 32cms
The inner thighs measure 14cms
The waistband is 3cms wide
Pros: What I Like About The Trinny and Susannah Thigh Reducer
- They are a pair of really strong, stretchy magic knickers with a high waist.
- They are quite long, both in the body and in the leg.
- The material they are made from is really nice and substantial and very good quality.
- The high waist is brilliant if you have too tight waistbands and tend to spill over the top of them.
- They give your bum a really nice shape – my looked much firmer and rounder.
- They don’t have an opening gusset – some people do prefer this even with the high waisted ones.
Cons: What I Don’t Like About The Trinny and Susannah Thigh Reducer
- The legs on these are really long so you couldn’t wear them with above the knee skirts and dresses.
- The body is also really long. I think these were designed for fairly tall people! If you have a short body these will be far too long for you and will wrinkle up.
- You have to pull them down to use the loo. Like pretty much all shapewear it is a wrestle to get them on and off so be prepared to put your back in to it!
How To Put On The Trinny and Susannah Thigh Reducer
These look quite small when you get them out of the packaging. Don’t worry, they are robust and should stretch lots. Sit down and gather one of the legs into an o shape. Put one leg in and slide it up to just above your thigh. Repeat with the other leg. Now stand up and roll them up and “seat” your bottom. Roll the rest of the body up to just under your bra line.
A bit of jiggling and jiving is always good to get them sitting right. Dance around the room a bit until you feel they are comfortable.
Now get dressed x