All About Spanx Shapewear
Up until Spanx came along, the female slimming underwear industry was male-dominated. Little thought was being put into what women really wanted, and let’s be honest, slimming underwear for women, designed by men was just never going to work. I have lost count of the number of women I have met in the bathroom at a party berating their slimming underwear, complaining about:
• Waistbands that curl over and dig in, giving rolls hanging over the top and red welts round the waist.
• Leg bands that dig in giving unsightly bulges that show through under your clothes and are so uncomfortable.
• Bottom panels that flatten not flatter, giving a “uni-bum” that might look smaller but isn’t at all sexy.
• Tummy panels that pull in at the wrong areas without accentuating natural, feminine curves and often giving you a stomach ache!
• Full body shapers that don’t fit the bust correctly, are not the right length, flatten rather than slim you and cut in around the leg.
• VPL (Visible Panty Line).
And you wouldn’t want your nearest and dearest to see you in these “Granny Pants”!
In 1998, Sara Blakely became frustrated enough by this to do something about it:
“It was just obvious to me that nobody was taking the time to do minor changes that dramatically affect the comfort levels of women”, Blakely said.
And so, to cut a long story short, Spanx was invented!
Spanx is a range of shapewear designed to slim and shape your body in all the right places, giving you comfort and confidence. The key differences in Spanx shapewear garments are:
- Soft waistbands that don’t curl over or dig in, giving you a more streamlined look and making the garments virtually invisible under clothing.
- No leg bands on any of the products so that the garment gently tapers off, eliminating any bulges and unflattering lines under your clothes.
- Shapewear that is tailor made to suit different shapes and problem areas.
- Shapewear fabrics that are engineered to hold you in at certain places and smooth out in others, giving you a more natural, slimmer look.
- All Spanx shapewear is made out of soft, luxurious yarns that are easy to wear on the skin and look great too.
- Where possible, Spanx shapewear actually looks quite nice - lots of it is colourful and pretty, so your other half may not even realise your underwear is actually Spanx shapewear!
- Funky, funny Spanx packaging to brighten your day and to make you smile!
Spanx are now the best selling shapewear worldwide. Helped along by the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Tyra Banks and Gwyneth Paltrow being vocal Spanx fans, Spanx has taken off and has even (dare I say it) become...well...fashionable!